The Complete High School Guide to Preparing for College
Create impressive applications to stand out against the crowd of applicants. Get into the college of your dreams and earn the scholarships to pay for it.ENROLL
Do you know what makes an impressive college or scholarship application?
In this course, we will provide you with hands-on brainstorming activities that students can use to identify their interests, passions and unique qualities so that they can effectively focus their time during high school (while also having fun).
Families will also learn how to create a system for staying organized and on top of college-prep deadlines. Parents and students will be able to work together during high school to create a plan for how to prepare for the application process and never miss an important opportunity.
By the end of the course, you will have the inside scoop on how to stand out against other applicants and be well on your way to creating impressive applications!
Created by a Mom and Daughter
ScholarPrep was created by a mother-daughter team based on their personal experiences with the college and scholarship application process. This process doesn't have to be overwhelming and stressful. It can actually be fun and simple if you know what to do. ScholarPrep helps parents and students prepare, without stress, without getting overwhelmed, without missing out on opportunities. ScholarPrep is a planning and organizational system that will keep you on track and ensure that you are prepared when it comes time to sit down to fill out applications.
Designed with Parents in Mind
Our course and our Organizers cover every section that you will encounter on a college or scholarship application, providing helpful tips and information and also helping you set goals and track the information that you will need to fill out applications. This takes all of the guesswork out of the process, making it easier to help your child prepare!
Helps Students Focus Their Time
Going through this course will engage students in the planning process. They will be making important life decisions, setting goals and reaching them. By participating in this process, they will be determining their own future. Ultimately, this course will enable students to effectively focus their time during high school and have fun!
Why join this course?
By the end of the course, you will be able to…
- set clear goals and objectives with key milestones
- have clarity on what to do to prepare for college and scholarships
- reduce the pressure on your child when it comes to preparing for applications
- feel confident that this will not be the chore you have so been dreading
- have peace of mind, knowing that you will be ready!
Who is this course for?
Maybe this will be your first time sending a child to college and you want to make sure you do things right… Or, maybe you’ve been through the application process before with another child and you want it to be easier this time around…
This course is for you, if you are…
- overwhelmed by all the information out there about preparing for college
- ready to help your 8th-11th grader achieve their college and career dreams
- worried that college will be a financial burden on your family
- excited to be guided through the college planning process, step-by-step
What topics will we cover?
- a simple step-by-step process to get on track and stay on track
- what makes a successful college or scholarship applicant
- how to stay on top of deadlines with your perfect organizational system
- what to do each year of high school to ensure your child is prepared for college
- how you can make the essay portion of the application easier
- the importance of demonstrating leadership
- the difference between leadership and being outgoing
- how to identify the right activities for your student during high school
- why it’s important for your child to take initiative and create their own opportunities
- how you can help your child discover their passions - and WHY this is so important
- the importance of giving back to the community
- how your student can understand and leverage their skills and abilities
Check out the curriculum below to see everything that we will cover in the course!
You want to do everything in your power to make sure they can afford the college of their dreams, but the amount of information out there is downright overwhelming! What you need is someone to show you a tested step-by-step process to get prepared early, rather than scrambling at application time.
I’m Taji ...and that’s exactly what I do.
ScholarPrep was built to ensure that every student is more prepared for their academic journey. Students who understand the college course requirements, admissions process, how to complete an amazing essay, and other aspects of the journey...will be better positioned to attend the college of their dreams.
I'm here to help.
"I wanted to say "Thank You!" for the amazing resource you have created. I first started going through the ScholarPrep Organizer, and was blown away by the simple step-by-step process to get on track and stay on track. Well,as great as that resource is, I was extremely pleased when I delved into the onlineScholarPrep course! For someone like me, who likes to have a start here and follow these steps, it is perfect. Best part, the organizer and online course partner together. I have at my fingertips, a complete system to start and get my daughter's records organized . With this at my disposal, I am confident that this will not be the chore I have so been dreading. We will be ready! Again, thanks for creating something for parents that is so thorough and easy to follow."
- Leah, Mom of a High School Sophomore
"My how I wish we had this two years ago! We will make it, but starting half way through my son's junior year seems late! Thank you for this wonderful organizational tool! What a wonderful guide! And this is coming from a former event planner turned kinder teacher!! So I get how important organization is!You've made this very doable!"
- Beth, Mom of a High School Junior
“As a mom of three, two of which have gone through the college process and one still in high school, I love everything about the ScholarPrep Organizer. I knowhow important organization is in the process of applying for college (and scholarships!) and am excited to use the book as a valuable tool while my youngest son is still in high school. Not only is it full of excellent information and timely tips, the organizer is well made and easy to understand how to use. Great job!"
- Monica Matthews, Mom of Three Boys
“I simply don’t think that the high school counselors have enough time to focus on each student. I’ve called and all I get is “visit our page on the website.” I do and I’m overwhelmed. I want someone to hold my hand through the process. By using ScholarPrep, we are able to set clear goals and objectives with key milestones. This means less pressure on me as the parent and clarity for my son."
-Eugenia, mom of a high school junior